Just thinking about a warm soak in a deep tub has our mind quieting down, even if just for a moment. It can seem difficult to find a chance to switch to ‘do not disturb’ with new notifications constantly popping up on our screens and never ending to-do lists. However, with seemingly busier days, it is becoming more and more important to take time for ourselves to unwind and refresh. Baths are a simple and effective way to hit pause and reset.
Here are 3 ways you will benefit from taking a soak tonight:
- Hot water helps to open your pores
- Boost of hydration
- When your skin is well-hydrated and damp, it's able to absorb moisturizing products much better than when its dry (this effect is amped up even more if you add natural essential oils to your bath water). The best time to moisturize your skin is immediately after a bath, before you dry off.
- Applying a moisturizing cream soon after your bath will help locks in water, keeping your skin hydrated for longer.
Detox & Restore
- Improve circulation
- A bath will stimulate circulation, help flush your lymph system and removes excess water.
- Reset sore muscles
- Magnesium helps to soothe sore muscles
- Heat will get your blood moving, improving your circulation.
- Adding Epsom salts in your warm bath has been proven to help reduce inflammation in your joints and tightness in your muscles.
- Calm your mind
- Listen to a podcast, read a book, or watch your favourite tv show and unwind.
- Make a cup of tea, or pour yourself a glass of wine and sink into the warm water.
- We recommend turning off the lights and having a few candles create a gentle glow in the room. The soft light will send signals to your brain that it is time to wind down for the night.