Our Cork Yoga Mats have an antimicrobial & antibacterial surface, which means bacteria cannot live on your mat. Therefore, keeping it clean and cared for is a breeze. We do not recommend over-cleaning it or using any abrasive surfaces to clean it.
Here are some tips to keep your mat as good as new:
- After exposing your mat to sweat, use a non-abrasive cloth with some warm water to gently wipe it. Lay it out to dry before rolling back up.
- Always roll cork side out. It was designed to be rolled this way and will ensure it rolls out flat each time you use it.
- Deep clean with a warm water and essential oil mixture every 2 weeks.
- Essential oils of lavender, eucalyptus, tea tree or lemongrass are recommended due to their disinfecting qualities. Plus, they smell great!
- Do not machine wash! Duh.
- Store in the shade. Avoid long sun exposure as it can fade the artwork.
- If you practice hot yoga regularly, the excess sweat can wear out your mat sooner, so remember to let it dry out before rolling back up to keep it in great shape!
- Pets love our mats. But sometimes they can damage the surface with their paws, so please be mindful of this and don't let your new mat become a scratching post!